What Costs Should Long-Term Care Insurance Cover?
Many people don’t realize that Medicare does not typically cover Long-Term care. Unless you, a friend or loved one qualifies for Medicaid, you may be financially responsible for nursing home expenses. Long-Term care insurance helps cover costs related to:
- Nursing homes
- Home health care (such as the services of a home health aide)
- Respite care (care that allows a family caregiver to take a break)
- Adult day care facilities
- Some services provided in assisted living facilities but not always room and board
- Other services related to the care of an elderly or disabled loved one