- Review your Health Insurance Claim
- Assess your Health Insurance Policy & the Benefits Coverage
- Help you navigate insurance company roadblocks
- Provide legal advice on how to proceed with your Health Insurance Claim
Dos & Don’ts
Health Care Claim
- Do your best to get written approval in advance of treatment.
- Do send a confirmatory letter if approval is not in writing.
- Do know your state’s mental health parity laws.
- Do get copies of your health care plan and subscriber agreement.
- Do research to determine if your health plan approves the treatment in other states.
- Don’t accept NO for an answer
- Don’t wait for approval if you are facing an emergency.
- Don’t forget to keep copies of correspondence from your health plan and explanations of benefits.
- Don’t appeal until you have your entire claim file.
- Don’t ever file an appeal as simple as “I appeal” as some insurance companies try to encourage.